Welcome

One marathon down, many more miles to go...

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sick Days

The weekend was a bad one in terms of motivation to get to the gym. On Friday night I worked for the Gophers volleyball game, right after I got done with my real job. It was raining and dreary when I left and I wasn't motivated to go to the gym. I just wanted to get home before 10. Saturday, that rain turned into snow. Roughly 10 inches of it to be precise. I wasn't driving in that until I had to. Late in the afternoon I had to in order to go to the grocery store and yet again to get to another shift with the Gophers. Sunday I worked a chilly shift at Gopher soccer. With the snow the day before, everything was cold and wet. it even flurried a bit during the game. Going home to spend some time with myself while Erich was watching football was so much more appealing. So, as you can see, I lacked a lot of drive this weekend which is a shame because I was finally able to move my arms again after an excruciating body works class on Tuesday.

Yesterday Jill and I made it to the gym after work. We did a light bicep and back workout then hit the cardio machines. LA Fitness seriously disappointed me when we did this. Any open treadmill was out of order. There were at least 5 of them. Not cool. Not wanting to bike, Jill and I headed to the stair steppers. All but one out of order and it was taken. We ended up settling for the bikes because the ellipticals were full too. Now don't get me wrong, I like biking but we really wanted to get on something different. Anywho, we biked about 20 minutes. It wasn't a largely satisfying workout but it was good enough for a Monday.

I had high hopes for Today. A full hour or so on the treadmill would have been awesome. Unfortunately last night I started feeling like crap and that certainly carried over to this morning. I can't breath and my throat is not feeling so hot. The coughing is just starting up now so that's great. Looks like I'm not making it to the gym today. Usually it's good to breathe when you're running.

Boo sick days!

1 comment:

  1. Must be that time of year--I actually left work early on Monday because I was feeling sick, and I hate taking sick days! But I figured since I almost threw up and passed out at work that it was probably a good idea to go home (and before you ask, like everyone else has, no, I don't think I'm pregnant. I'm sure it was just a 24-hour bug).

    Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete