Welcome

One marathon down, many more miles to go...

Friday, November 5, 2010

Day one

Before I start, I must admit that I have never really blogged before. I had a short relationship with Xanga my freshman year of college. That was as close as I got. 


That being said, I'm excited to start a couple of new endeavors; marathon training and blogging! I hope to chronicle my training and what I encounter in the next 11 months prior to the event. Did I mention the big day is on Oct. 2, 2011? Here's how it's playing out: 


My current employer, the MS Society, partners with the Twin Cities Marathon as a fundraising opportunity. TCM sets aside some registrations for us and we recruit runners. In order to run for the MS Society you have to raise $1000 in donations. To be honest, the $1000 fundraising minimum is the the most intimidating part of this whole thing. 26.2 miles seems easy compared to getting people to donate to me. I'll be setting up my fundraising page soon and I'll link it here so be sure to donate to me when that happens! 


I don't have much going on right now so I'll update later when I have more to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment