Welcome

One marathon down, many more miles to go...

Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm ready for a new gym...

No, I don't mean I want to change my membership. I like LA Fitness. It's cheap and has a lot to offer for it's price. I can't beat $10 (after the $20 reimbursement from Blue Cross) for a month of working out. What I am ready for is for LA to build another facility. They've been popping up all over the place around here but it seriously hasn't been enough. The gym is continually packed.

Today, Jill and I thought we'd take a break from Roseville, where we usually go, and head to St. Paul. We thought maybe it would be less crowded. After leaving work and forgetting we'd made this decision, and driving almost all the way to Roseville, I finally arrived at St. Paul. No parking. Go figure. It seemed less crowded inside.

We started our lower body workout only to find that there weren't many dumbbells up for grabs. That is unless we wanted to use ones that we could barely lift, let alone use in a lunge. We finally found some and got going on our workout. It was a quick lower body workout consisting of lunges, squats, and calf raises. We did three sets of each in a circuit style.

After lower body, we went upstairs for some cardio. ARGH! The St. Paul gym is terrible about having machines up and running. So, even though there seem to be empty machines, there aren't. They turn out to be broken. So, Jill found an open treadmill and did some walking and I found a bike. I found an open bike after trying a treadmill and different bike that were not in working order. Seriously people? C'mon! I noticed that the people around me were irritated too. One guy there with his buddy said, "You warm up, I'm going to go downstairs and tell them that all of their shit is broken." I agree. I ended up biking for 30 minutes in a hill workout. After the lower body strength training and this bike ride, I could barely walk down the stairs. Wobbly legs! It's kind of sad but I bike at a pretty high intensity level.

We'll hit up the Roseville gym tomorrow and hope that even though it's busier, their machines will actually be up and running. I'll see if I can get a good run in. I've had some pain in my lower legs and that's not cool so we'll see what happens. I hope it isn't anything big. Is it weird that I'm happy to get back on the treadmill? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment