Welcome

One marathon down, many more miles to go...

Friday, March 4, 2011

Time to Undo My Recent Neglect

I've neglected a lot of things lately. Mostly because I most certainly did not neglect work, particularly my part time gig with the Gophers. Today is the first Friday since I can remember that I didn't work a shift at the U immediately after finishing up at my real full time job at the MS Society.

Not too long ago (though it seems like ages) I was able to exercise outdoors. This was particularly thrilling because right now I'm watching a weather report about getting another snow storm next week. We're now on to the sports report and the Gophs beat Bemidji State in hockey tonight so woo hoo! Gopher hockey is one of the very few things I enjoy about winter...Anywho...

I ran about 7 miles outside the day before which I wrote about in my last blog. I also did an outdoor walk with Jill that week. I was rear ended (in our new car of course) on Valentine's Day so taking care of that junk got in the way of any more workouts that week. Hmph. I am happy to report that the other dude's insurance is taking care of everything. Which is good because it was definitely his fault. He was rushing to a meeting and came up behind me too quickly, especially considering there was a light sheet of ice in the turn lane we were in. He also was ballsy enough to leave the scene after giving me his information because he had to give a presentation at 8 a.m. It was just after 8 when he hit me so he was already late. We've gotten everything worked out now and will be taking my car in to be repaired on Monday. We couldn't get it in until then because all of this terrible weather has meant pretty good business for local body shops.

This leads me to last week, where I also neglected my workouts. I got sick last week and I always like to allow proper time to heal before getting back at it. Considering I stayed home from work a couple of days, I figured I probably shouldn't head to the gym. Plus, I spoiled myself with the outdoor workouts so the thought of getting back inside the gym is pretty sour.

But, this week I got in a couple of days of lifting with Jill. Mondays are always busy at the gym and this past Monday happened to be the last day of the month and that means people pack the place trying to get their last time in for the month in order to get health insurance benefits. Needless to say Jill and I just forgot it and moved on to Tuesday and Thursday. We worked on triceps, chest and shoulders on Tuesday and biceps and back on Thursday. I plan to get in there tomorrow for a run.

This weekend I'm totally on my own. Erich is in Washington D.C. for the bachelor party of his friend Eric. He left last night. Since Erich started the weekend early, I decided to as well. I went out to show with my coworkers, Allison and Lisa. Allison's husband is in the band and they put on a great show. When Lisa dropped me off it was 2:30 a.m. I haven't stayed out that late on a week night in a long time. It was really fun! Today at work wasn't much fun. Allison and Lisa had the day off so it was really quiet. I was quite happy when 4:30 rolled around and I got out of there. I came home and took a nap! I would definitely do it again though. Tomorrow morning I'm going to head to the gym (whenever I wake up) and get some stuff done around the house. Then I have my only shift at the U for the weekend at 5:30. After, it's fiesta time with Jenna! I have a buy one, get one coupon for Chipotle and we're also having margaritas. I'm pretty pumped for some girl time hang out.

This post was kind of all over the place so I apologize. I've had a request to do a post on stretching so I'll get to that soon. I just need someone to take pictures. Thus ends my recent neglect of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment