Welcome

One marathon down, many more miles to go...

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cookies, long runs, and Afghani pizza

Since Thanksgiving I've been getting into the Christmas spirit. This is pretty normal for me. To start, I tuned the car radio to the 24/7 Christmas music stations both on XM and regular radio. It annoys Erich to no end but I allow him to change it if we're in the car together. On Saturday I decorated the apartment including putting up the tree. Sunday brought about cookie baking with Jenna!!! We made peanut butter kisses, ginger snaps, shortbread, frosted sugar cookies, monster cookies, peppermint bark, peanut clusters, pretzel hugs and rocky road fudge. Woo hoo! I brought a lot of the cookies to work today so I wouldn't have to eat them all, however I just ended up eating them at work. :) Christmas baking is awesome.

The excessive amounts of Christmas treats must have been great fuel for my run today. I did 45 minutes of running and it felt really good. I had great form, got into a groove quickly and stayed there. I can't wait to make 60 minutes! When I was done I had a serious runners high and was ridiculously sweaty! Grotesquely sweaty actually. So sweaty that I felt really bad sitting in Crescent Moon waiting for my pizza to be done.

This leads me to the Afghani pizza portion of my post. I've been given a recommendation from two people to visit Crescent Moon which is just down the street from my apartment. It's an Afghani restaurant and I really like Middle Eastern foods. Hence my love for Holy Land which is coincidentally down the street as well. My supervisor told me to try the house special, Afghani pizza, spicy. It was one of the best recommendations I've ever received. Holy wow. We decided to finally give it a try as a celebration for Erich getting a new job (more later) and it turned out to be a great celebration for my tongue as well. If in Minneapolis and craving a different kind of pizza, definitely check out Crescent Moon on Central and 23rd in Nordeast.

As I mentioned above, Erich got a new job. On December 20, he'll be starting with the Timberwolves. He's going to be doing box office operations. We're looking forward to the change and to Erich having his summers back. Also, we can now carpool to work!

On to be unproductive and finish my evening with many episodes of The Big Bang Theory. Thanks Meredith.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Erich! And yay for you guys getting your summer back! Although does this mean late nights during basketball season? Because I feel like basketball season is much more longer and drawn out than baseball season

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as many late nights, and not as late. Also let's be honest, until the T-Wolves make a drastic change, they won't be making the play-offs any time soon. That's what drags on and on during basketball season.

    ReplyDelete